Recycling and Refuse collections will be two days late during the Christmas period this year. If your collection day falls on: -
• Friday 25th December 2020 it will be collected on Sunday 27th December 2020;
Recycling and Refuse collections will be one day late during the New Year period. If your collection day falls on: -
• Friday 1st January 2021 it will be collected on Saturday 2nd January 2021;
From Monday 4th January 2021 all collections will return to normal.
Nappy and Hygiene Collection Service
Nappy and Hygiene sacks will be collected from the usual collection point on: -
Friday 18th December 2020.
There will be no collection made on Friday 25th December 2020
The Nappy and Hygiene collection due to take place on Friday 1st January 2021 will take place on Saturday 2nd January 2021.
Normal weekly Nappy and Hygiene collections will resume on Friday 8th January 2021.
Recycle Your Christmas Tree
The Council’s Waste Department will be providing a service to collect and recycle your Christmas Tree from Monday 4th January 2021. Please contact C2BG on 01495 311556 to register your details or please register on My Council Services section on the council’s website at www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk to confirm a collection day for your Christmas Tree……. https://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/en/resident/waste-recycling/christmas-tree-collection/
Household Waste and Recycling Centre [HWRC], New Vale Civic Amenity Site
New Vale Civic Amenity Site will be open during the Christmas and New Year period between the hours of 10.00am and 4.30pm [Monday – Sunday] for residents to dispose of waste material. The site will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day only.
Address: Waun-Y-Pound Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 6PL
Residents are reminded of the need to book an appointment to visit the HWRC :
Additional Information for Christmas
• Please recycle plain greetings cards only. We are unable to accept Christmas cards with glitter or attachments such as bows, pom poms, beads etc. as part of our recycling collection and will need to be placed in your black bags;.
• Christmas wrapping paper is not recyclable, please place in a black bag/bin for your 3-weekly refuse collection;
• Any polystyrene will need to be placed in your black bags for collection;
• Additional cardboard should be flat packed and placed at the side of your recycling receptacles;
• Can we just remind all residents that all black bag waste allowances, either four black bags or one wheeled bin, remain in place over the festive period. We will not collect any excess waste to the side or on top of your bin or which exceed the four black bag allowance. Enforcement of this policy will continue over the Christmas Period;
• Residents are able to take any excess black bag waste to New Vale [limited to 4 black bags] but please make sure that all the recycling has been removed prior to visiting the site. A booking must be made.
• Small electrical items, batteries and textiles can be collected weekly at the same time as your regular recycling collection. Please bag items and place either on top or to the side of your recycling receptacles.
• Cardboard – We ask residents to fold or cut their cardboard as much as they can when they are putting this out for recycling. Please note that due to the high volume that we will be collecting during this period, the Council will utilise a number of vehicles (refuse and recycling lorries) to collect this. The cardboard is still being recycled regardless of the Council vehicle that it is being collected in.
Your recycling is making a big difference – Thank You